ACCUSED OF Grand THEFT IN northern California?
Jail Alternatives include:
- Community Service
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Civil Compromise
- First Offender’s Programs
- Arrest Records Sealed
For your convenience, we have 6 offices located throughout the Bay Area:
- San Jose Grand Theft Lawyer – 2570 North 1st Street, 2nd Floor, San Jose, CA 95131 (408) 333-9622
- San Francisco Grand Theft Lawyer – 580 California Street, 12th floor, San Francisco, CA 94104 (415) 666-2316
- Oakland Grand Theft Lawyer – 1970 Broadway #1145, Oakland, CA 94612 (510) 352-1450
- Pleasanton Grand Theft Lawyer – 6200 Stoneridge Mall Rd #300, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (925) 218-4730
- San Rafael Grand Theft Lawyer – 4040 Civic Center Dr #200, San Rafael, CA 94903 (415) 524-7717
- San Mateo Grand Theft Lawyer – 533 Airport Blvd #400, Burlingame, CA 94010 (650) 763-8766
Grand theft refers to stolen property or services that are valued above $950 and is described in California Penal Code section 487 . Keep in mind that, unlike petty theft, which is a misdemeanor, Grand Theft is a wobbler which means it may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. The determination of the charge depends upon your criminal history and the circumstances of your case.
We have worked with clients accused of grand theft from many major Bay Area retail establishments. We’ve found that some loss prevention personnel are overly aggressive, often misunderstanding what may be an innocent mistake.
We are familiar with the illegal tactics used by these stores and can often turn them into advantages when defending our clients.
GRAND THEFT Case Results
|CHARGES||First time offender charged with grand theft and commercial burglary at Kohl’s.|
|RESULT||Not Guilty at Trial.|
|CHARGES||Felony shoplifting at Macy’s.|
|RESULT||Client avoided conviction with a diversion program.|
|CHARGES||6 counts of theft from the Federal Government. Client had a prior felony conviction.|
|RESULT||All felony charges were dismissed. Plead to one misdemeanor. Sentenced to home detention.|
|CHARGES||Client charged with Petty Theft at Costco.|
|RESULT||After negotiating a settlement with store loss prevention personnel, all charges were dropped – no criminal record.|
|CHARGES||Charged with 15 counts of 1st Degree Burglary; facing 15+ years State Prison.|
|RESULT||Result was 90 days County Jail.|
|CHARGES||Client charged with a felony theft charge. Faced up to three years in prison.|
|RESULT||After conducting a thorough investigation and the results of which were presented to the District Attorney, the case was dismissed.|